Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Dog Poop Incident.

Those of you know me well know that I have a very weak stomach. I mean, the sight of blood, puke and sometimes poop makes me gag so bad I’ll just throw up; which brings us to this Thursday Adventure.

When Franklin was about a year old (he is now three) Rufus and I were in the family room playing a quiet game of Mr. Freeze (me) get’s captured. He and I had been playing for over an hour and Franklin was fast asleep. Rufus had decided he was tired of playing Batman. He wanted to play in his room so we cleaned up the mess and walked down the hall- only to find three large, smelly piles of dog poop on the carpet in his bedroom.

I don’t know how parents react in these situations, but I stood there for a moment, trying to figure out what to do. My dog just didn’t poop in the house like this, so I was unaccustomed to this sort-of thing.

Rufus: Aunt Char-char, is that dog poop inside my room?

Me: Yeah…yeah, sweetie it is.

Rufus: Oh, no! Well. Looks like you have to clean that up.

Me: Yeah, Rufus, I know. Just give me a second, I’m gonna try and figure out what to do.

Rufus: (marches up to the poop and looks at it, ignoring my protests) Oh, man that stinks.

That’s when I threw up in the sink and called my brother. That was a Thursday Adventure I’d like to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment