Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More Nook Adventures and Some Great Used Book Sites.

The deep new-found love I have for my Nook continues. I am still happily downloading books at any time, in any place. The instant gratification still tickles me too. I’ve got a mobile library right at my finger tips- and I love it.

What could make this better?

I can lend books out! My sister has a Nook too and now I am able to send books I like her way if she’s interested in reading, and vice versa. Actually, I can lend out the books I have purchased to anyone with an on-line Barnes and Noble e-book account, which as I understand it, is free. Plus, my sister-in-law is getting a Nook and her sister already has one. So now I have a growing number of people to trade with and I am very excited. The only problem? Not all books are lendable. I don’t know if it is the author or Barnes and Noble who decided which books I can lend and which ones I cannot but, there you go.

I find this completely annoying. If I had the book in paperback, I’d gladly share it with whoever wanted to read it, provided I get it back. Unless I didn’t like it, in which case, I could care less if I ever see it again. You see, I am a re-reader. If I like a book, I will read it dozens of times and never grow tired of it. So Barnes and Noble, I beg you, please let me lend a larger variety of books. I’ve already paid for the darn thing, so why not?

Also, I am finding out that some authors I love don’t even offer their books via e-book. Take Jenny Nimmo for example. You can’t get a single one of her books online, which bums me out. You see, I have the entire Charlie Bone collection in hardback. I love these books. I think Jenny Nimmo is a wonderful story teller and creates the most unusual and incredible characters. I tried to get another set of her books called The Snow Spider Series (also called the Magician Trilogy) and that was not available either.

It. Drove. Me. Nuts.

Officially, I have become a Nook junkie. I just can’t get enough of it. Thankfully, I was able to track down the Nimmo books on my other favorite book site paperbackswap.com. I was so excited to find all three books in the series, so no biggie in the end- Which leads me to my next topic.
Really good, reliable used book websites. If you are trying to find inexpensive used books, two other great sites to check out are thriftbooks.com and seashellbooks.com. They both have great selections for people who love to read and don’t want to break the bank to get their fix. The shipping is affordable too, so you are not spending a fortune on that either.

Happy reading everyone and if you get a Nook- let’s swap books.

No comments:

Post a Comment