Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: By J.K. Rowling

As I am sure have realized by now, I love the Harry Potter series. This series is the reason I started writing children’s books in the first place and it’s also the reason I continue to forge ahead with my writing. It may take me a very long time before I get something published, but I have no intention of quitting, that’s for sure. This is the final book in the Harry Potter series, and in my opinion, the very best book.

Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger are on a secret journey that only the three of them know about. They are attempting to track down Horcrux’s in hopes of finishing off Voldemort for good. The very second this book begins, it is filled with action. We travel with the three friends during the most difficult time in any of their lives thus far. Their search to destroy Horcrux’s (No, I’m not telling you what one is, you’ll have to just read!) is dire, bleak, and feels sometimes hopeless. Yet, their mission can put a stop to Voldemort for good.

The magic in this novel is far more dangerous, far more evil, and far more horrible than any of them can even imagine. This journey tests their strengths, their skills, and most of all, their friendships. In all honestly, this is a book I go to over and over. I’ve read it over a dozen times, and I will continue to do so. I have serious doubts that it will ever ‘get old.’

To me, the measure of a good book is whether or not you want to read it over and over again. This book is one that people will want to keep in their library, and never pass on. Voldemort is a seriously evil and horrible adversary, Harry Potter is the hero everyone looks for in an epic tale, and the rest of the characters are so well developed that they enhance the story immeasurably. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will not be able to put this book down. Nice work J.K. Rowling!

No comments:

Post a Comment